Lead UI Artist
Due to growth, we are looking for a seasoned Lead UI Artist to join the art team, boosting our UI Art and lead capacity and helping in the development of world-class user interfaces and experiences. You will be leading a team of UI artists towards the development goals while mentoring and nurturing a professional work atmosphere where the individual artists and the team can grow towards their full potential.
Founded in 2018, Redhill Games holds a unique position in the Finnish gaming industry. Our studio is dedicated to co-developing leading action-adventure games, setting us apart as a one-of-a-kind presence in Finland. With experienced leadership and an outstanding development team, we offer the opportunity to collaborate with some of the best AAA studios in the industry.
When we look for new team members, we love to see passion, integrity, and team spirit. We value responsibility and character – we are all different but have a common purpose. We respect each other’s talent and contribution. As part of our international team, you'll connect with gamers who share your passion, ensuring there's always someone to play with!
Our HQ is conveniently located in downtown Helsinki, easily accessible via public transportation and providing excellent access to the wide range of services the beautiful capital of Finland offers.
- Create mock-ups and assets in Illustrator, Photoshop and Figma -based on a style guide and the artistic vision of the game.
- Effectively lead, manage, and mentor the UI Art team.
- Assess the quality and consistency of the produced UI Art and be accountable for meeting the necessary quality standards.
- Be an active part of the UX and UI development and help in the scoping and planning of the UI Artwork.
- Work collaboratively with designers, artists, programmers, and producers to create AAA-quality UI experiences.
- Participate actively in the creation and implementation of design systems, game menus, HUD elements, Iconography, UI materials and UI animation.
- 6+ years of experience in UI Art and at least 4 years in the games industry with at least 1 shipped title or equivalent on a live game.
- Solid understanding of UX Design fundamentals.
- Able to understand technical implementations and limitations of in-engine work.
- Confident understanding and skill in graphic design, typography, and use of colour.
- Prior experience with general function and integration of UI Art in a game engine.
- Possess a growth mindset with the ability to convince, influence, and inspire team members on all levels.
- Experience with assessing, mentoring, and recruiting artists for a UI Art team.
- Being comfortable in presenting designs and concepts to others in a clear, compelling manner.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator required).
This is an office-based position, so you will need to be available to work from our Helsinki office.
The ideal candidate will also have
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design or comparable experience.
- Knowledge of Figma.
- Experience in UI Animation and/or Motion graphics.
- Comprehensive healthcare insurance, which includes limited dental coverage.
- 5 weeks of paid holiday, flexible working hours and commitment to an excellent work-life balance.
- Competitive salary and an annual profit-sharing scheme.
- Well-being benefits include lunch, entertainment, and commuting benefits.
- Start an exciting journey in Helsinki, Finland! We offer a seamless transition with our personalized relocation and integration services.
At Redhill Games, our recruitment, hiring, and retention practices are designed to ensure equal opportunities for all applicants and employees. We celebrate and embrace diversity in our team with representation from over 25 nationalities! We are proud of the different cultures, backgrounds, and perspectives that our employees bring to the table, and we firmly believe that building an inclusive work environment is essential for promoting creativity, innovation, and collaboration.