We are looking for a Lead Character Artist to join the core game development team. This person will have a key role in establishing the look, design, and creation of the characters that populate the game worlds. The right candidate has a passion for crafting iconic characters and skills to produce stunning, high-quality, and efficient AAA game content. Having past experience in a similar role in a shipped PC/Console title as well as having 5 or more years of experience in AAA game development are pivotal to succeed in this role.
You can work either in our Helsinki studio, Cyprus office, or remotely - whichever option suits you the best!
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN REDHILL GAMES?
Redhill Games has been in a unique position in the Finnish gaming industry since its foundation in 2018. With our focus on FPS games, there is no other studio like ours in Finland. What’s more, Redhill Games is one of the most promising gaming start-ups to come out of Europe recently; it has proven leadership, an all-star development team, and solid financial backing.
When we look for new team members, we love to see passion, integrity, and team spirit. We value responsibility and character – we are all different but have a common purpose. We respect each other’s talent and contribution. As a part of our international team, you will always find people who share a passion for games – meaning you’ll always have someone to play with!
Our HQ is conveniently located in downtown Helsinki, easily accessible via public transportation and providing great access to the wide range of services the beautiful capital of Finland offers. As a Redhillian, you’ll have access to great benefits, adding to your competitive salary.
- Leading the character art team in development of high-quality AAA characters
- Modeling, texturing and implementation of real-time character models
- Contributing to the references, concepts, and art direction, while also having the initiative to take the work further independently
- Working closely with the team and external partners to ensure that quality is consistent and cohesive
- Shipped a PC/Console title as a Lead Character Artist
- 5+ years of experience in AAA game development (PC and/or console)
- You have the passion to create designs fit for a first-person shooter game
- Demonstrated ability in designing and crafting believable characters
- You have proficient knowledge of Unreal Engine, Maya / Modo / MudBox / ZBrush, Marvelous Designer, Substance Painter or equivalent package
- Fluency in English (C1 level)
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL ALSO HAVE
- Understanding of industrial and product design
- Interest and understanding of believable military aesthetics and designs
- You have excellent understanding of form, shape, structure, and anatomy
- Strong traditional art skills such as painting, drawing or sculpting
- Experience with modular character sets