We are looking for a Senior QA Specialist to join the core game development team.
You will be working on an undisclosed shooter game and helping improve its quality by identifying and communicating risks and collaborating on mitigation strategies against them.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN REDHILL GAMES?
Redhill Games has been in a unique position in the Finnish gaming industry since its foundation in 2018. With our focus on FPS games, there is no other studio like ours in Finland. What’s more, Redhill Games is one of the most promising gaming start-ups to come out of Europe recently; it has proven leadership, an all-star development team, and solid financial backing.
When we look for new team members, we love to see passion, integrity, and team spirit. We value responsibility and character – we are all different but have a common purpose. We respect each other’s talent and contribution. As a part of our international team, you will always find people who share a passion for games – meaning you’ll always have someone to play with!
Our HQ is conveniently located in downtown Helsinki, easily accessible via public transportation and providing great access to the wide range of services the beautiful capital of Finland offers. As a Redhillian, you’ll have access to great benefits, adding to your competitive salary.
- Helping design, implement, and maintain QA processes
- Helping create and maintain test documentation
- Designing and executing both manual and automated tests
- Reporting, tracking, and managing bugs in JIRA
- Providing qualitative feedback to the development team regarding player experience and usability
- Investigating and re-creating problems reported from the field
- Collaborating across multiple disciplines within the team
- Helping mentor junior colleagues
- Shipped a PC/console title as a Senior/Lead QA specialist
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Strong understanding of game/software development cycles
- Strong knowledge of bug tracking software (JIRA preferable)
- Vast experience in diagnosing, reporting, tracking, and resolving issues
- Deep understanding of version control and configuration management best practices, along with different testing phase best practices and objectives
- Advanced communication, logical and analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Familiarity with the engineering method/approach
- Able to work without supervision and take full responsibility for deliverables
- Able to contribute to day-to-day efforts
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL ALSO HAVE
- Experience with GaaS (Game as a Service)
- Experience with UX testing
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with compliance testing
- Familiarity with game accessibility guidelines
- Interest in mentoring junior colleagues and sharing knowledge