We are looking for a talented Technical Artist to be a direct line of technical art support for an undisclosed project.
The ideal candidate is an expert in their field and holds a wealth of knowledge in dealing with the technical issues around content creation for video games.
You can work either in our Helsinki studio, Cyprus office or remotely - whichever option suits you the best!
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN REDHILL GAMES?
Redhill Games has been in a unique position in the Finnish gaming industry since its foundation in 2018. With our focus on FPS games, there is no other studio like ours in Finland. What’s more, Redhill Games is one of the most promising gaming start-ups to come out of Europe recently; it has proven leadership, an all-star development team, and solid financial backing.
When we look for new team members, we love to see passion, integrity, and team spirit. We value responsibility and character – we are all different but have a common purpose. We respect each other’s talent and contribution. As a part of our international team, you will always find people who share a passion for games – meaning you’ll always have someone to play with!
Our HQ is conveniently located in downtown Helsinki, easily accessible via public transportation and providing great access to the wide range of services the beautiful capital of Finland offers. As a Redhillian, you’ll have access to great benefits, adding to your competitive salary.
- Working with several different disciplines including lighting, rigging, and animation being generalist enough to support various matters as they may arise
- Working closely with animators, programmers, and artists to solve problems in the content creation process
- Demonstrate creativity and technical ability within the constraints of PC development
- Providing hands-on support to artists and engineers in regard to asset performance and validation
- Helping to review the creative process and identify opportunities for tool improvements
- Developing 3D art pipeline tools and extensions with an eye toward usability and efficiency
- Solving challenging technical issues in the 3D asset pipeline
- 5+ years of experience with 3Ds Max / Maya / Houdini in the game industry
- At least one shipped PC or console game title
- Knowledge/experience of Unreal development
- Professional experience as a technical artist/tools programmer
- Experience in modeling and art tools (Autodesk Maya, 3DS Max, Photoshop, etc.)
- Experience in a full digital art content creation pipeline (high and low-poly modeling, unwrapping, baking, texturing, level art)
- Experience in Unreal art content creation (shaders, blueprints)
- Ability to balance quality and technical constraints
- Ability to work with technical documentation
- Fluency in English (B2 level)
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL ALSO HAVE
- Experience with multiplayer games and games as a service
- Good artistic skills (proportion, color, composition)